Contributing to European Digital Policy
- 07.05.2013 - 07.05.2013
- Brusssels -
ENGAGE delegation visits DG CONNECT
In addition to our ambition of creating a permanent political platform to present and debate solutions for a connected rural Europe, ENGAGE understands the importance of engagement with the European Commission,to help ensure that our rich practical experience in developing HSB infrastructure and applications is available to all. Following a productive meeting with DGs CONNECT and Regio in May, the regions involved in the Engage network and the European Commission have agreed in principal to:
• Cooperate on the update of the DGREGIO guide on Broadband investment.
• Identify good practices in terms of new and successful models of investment that make an efficient use of public and private investment with a view to deliver high speed network and services.
• Help make these good practices available and facilitate exchange of ideas and networking also through the use of a variety of WEB-based tools
• Cooperate with the Smart Specialisation Platform (S3) arranged by the JRC in Seville with the organisation/participation to pertinent activities and events planned in the field of broadband
• Identify and make available broadband experts (to the S3 platform through the AMI list of DGREGIO) that can assist regions in the programming of broadband measures over the coming programming period.
EventList powered by schlu.net